Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 25th and 26th


Not much has happened around here the last couple days. Kylie and I got a new roommate for a week.  Her name is Kay.  She's from Fresno, but originally from Louisiana.  Her being an LSU fan and me being a Duck have generated some interesting conversations.  LOL.  Oh, wait, AND, although she's not a die hard football fan, she roots for the Saints...and of course I am a Falcons fanatic.  Also interesting.

Yesterday was fairly uneventful but gave me lots of time to write.  I love writing.  It is so relaxing for me to put thoughts to paper.  In some cases, it's like micro-therapy...like I'm talking to someone else about all the thoughts swirling around in my head.  It's almost like I'm forced to pin down my thoughts and stop the swirling.

I played with the kids on the merry-go-round again for a bit yesterday.  Always a good time.  :)  I think at one point there were at least 12-15 of them on it, all screaming for me to push it faster and faster.


We got some more of those forms filled out that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts...the forms that explain their current age, likes and dislikes.




The kids seem to be latching onto me a little more lately.  Makes sense...I've been here longer.  Today, Karem wanted to be held and held and held, both this morning when I saw her and after lunch.  She is just adorable.  I just realized that she is here all by herself.  Most of the kids have siblings here and about a handful of them have no siblings here.  Karem is one of that handful.  :(  I bet this place can feel a little more lonely when you have no "real" siblings here.


Tonight was Gringo night.  Pizza night!  We all brought various toppings and made our own miniature pizzas.  So fun!  GREAT meal!  Such a nice treat after a week of beans and rice.  :)

Able to upload this because I'm at DJ and Lynette's and using their WiFi during Gringo Night!  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment